Enter and work in Confined Spaces
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Space
- AS2865 – Confined Space
- Enterprise confined space processes and procedures
- Risk Identification and management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Gas detection
- Permit roles and responsibilities
- Stand-by Person
- Rescue equipment and procedures
- Industry case studies
This program specifically aims to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to safely enter and work in confined spaces. Participants completing this course will have an understanding of the relevant legislative requirements, Australian Standards, Codes of Practice and the operation and maintenance of safety equipment used for entering and working in confined spaces.