Provide First Aid and CPR Course
This first aid training unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
First Aid Course Outline:
This First Aid Training course gives the participant the practical skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide first aid in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- ARC Guidelines
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Work Health & Safety legislative requirements
- Risk Management documentation, implementation and controls
- Incident investigations processes and controls
- Communication processes
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Use of an AED
- Principles and procedures for first aid management of a range of scenarios such as allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, envonemation and using pressure immobilisation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, arm slings, roller bandages, respiratory distress, asthma, shock, burns, head neck and spinal injuries, crush injuries etc.
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered face to face and 1 day in duration. There is written theory assessments as well as practical components in delivering first in to a range of situations.
Who Should Attend?
This first aid course is the minimum requirement for any person who is a first aid officer of a workplace.
CPR should be refreshed every 12 months and First Aid refreshed every 2 - 3 years.