Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
This unit covers compliance with working safely up to the defined 'safe approach distance' near energised electrical apparatus (including powerlines) for non-electrical workers.
Working near live electrical apparatus
- UETTDREL14A - Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
- Statutory Compliance.
- Basic electrical principles.
- transmission, distribution and rail power systems.
- Standards and guidelines.
- duties of a safety observer
- safe work zones and approach limits
This Competency Standard Unit covers compliance with working safely up to the defined “safe approach distance” near energised electrical apparatus (inc. electrical powerlines) for non-electrical workers. It includes work functions that may be performed, such as vegetation control, scaffolding, rigging, painting, and/or any other activity that requires working safely and complying with requirements and/or established procedures near live electrical apparatus by a non-electrical worker. Also included is the preparation of risk assessment control measures that encompass job safety assessment.